His Safe Haven

Serving impoverished areas of the world by providing abandoned and special needs children with necessary housing, food, education, medical care and spiritual support in a safe and therapeutic environment, with an emphasis on maintaining intact family units.


Thursday, May 17, 2012

His Safe Haven delivers donated AFO's (ankle foot orthosis)

Before my trip to Liberia, I was given a ton of AFO's (foot/ankle braces) donated by an orthotist working at Gillette Hospital where our son goes for his appointments.   
Knowing so many children with CP in the Monrovia area, and very few resources or supplies to help them, I knew this would be a very welcome gift to the PT department at one of the local hospitals in Monrovia.
THEY LOVED THESE!  JOSEPHINE (the head of the department), COULDN'T STOP SMILING!  She said they would be gone very fast due to so many children needing them. 
I hope to bring more to her on my next trip.