His Safe Haven

Serving impoverished areas of the world by providing abandoned and special needs children with necessary housing, food, education, medical care and spiritual support in a safe and therapeutic environment, with an emphasis on maintaining intact family units.


Monday, April 22, 2013

Sunday

What an awesome and busy day!

We went to a church that I often visit when I can.  I love the choir, the preaching and the welcoming spirit of all the members.

We visited all the Haven Children today.  Yesterday was the big moving day for most of them, so I was anxious to see how they were settling in for their first whole day in their new homes. They are in a better  environment, cleaner and less congested with people.  We are hoping less malaria.   I was so excited to see how happy they all were doing, especially my special boy Barry (below on my back).  He was the most happy I have seen him in a very long time.  He has a new foster mom that is taking great care of him and listening very well to instruction.  Barry was even speaking a few sentences!  We had no idea he had all that in him!  This little one amazes me and is so dear to my heart!

  All of the children are amazing us with their strength and joy!  Please continue praying for their protection and for the foster moms hearts to continue to be open to instruction and learning new ways to care for their special children.  There is still so much to do!  There are also a few little ones that we will need to get some medical care for, due to some serious congestion. We have little resources for everything we need to accomplish, but God is so good and faithful! 
What a blessing for us to be a small part of the lives of these precious ones from  God!


A smiling Surprise!

                                                        A happy Angel!