His Safe Haven

Serving impoverished areas of the world by providing abandoned and special needs children with necessary housing, food, education, medical care and spiritual support in a safe and therapeutic environment, with an emphasis on maintaining intact family units.


Wednesday, October 9, 2013

No Words...Just Love...

Today is my last day here.  This is always such a hard time for me, leaving the Haven Children, my Liberian family, and the foster moms.  God has given me the ability to have such peace knowing my husband and children at home are being well taken care of, and yet such a burden for the children here, aching to come back soon!  The ache gets harder each time I leave.  But I rejoice knowing that EVERY ONE of our special needs child here, is loved and getting quality care.  I know that the team here is accountable to each other, and I get accurate information of things going on here.  I am leaving here with a peaceful heart.
 
 
Our team the I love sooooo much!
 
 
 
Some of our Haven Children...


 
LOOK AT THOSE CHEEKS!!

 
 

 
 
 
 
Every trip, somehow, parents with special needs just KNOW where to fund us, and they just start coming.  In one day, we had 3 children and the families come to us for assistance.  Even though we can't help them financially, we continue offering assistance and focus on empowering them as families on keeping their child and knowing how to care for them. 
Almost weekly, HSH gets call on a child needing our program.  Here are just a few of these children...
Please just pray for provisions for special needs children!